Clongowes Wood College SJ respects your right to privacy.
Visitors are advised that each time they visit a website, two general levels of information about their visit can be retained. The first level comprises statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate and non-individual specific basis of all browsers who visit the site. The second is information which is personal or particular to a specific visitor who knowingly chooses to provide that information.
Statistical and analytical information
The statistical and analytical information provides general and not individually specific information about the number of people who visit this website; the number of people who return to this site; the pages that they visit; where they were before they came to this site and the page in the site at which they exited. This information helps us monitor traffic on our website so that we can manage the site’s capacity and efficiency. It also helps us to understand which parts of this site are most popular and generally to assess user behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site.
Through this website you may have an opportunity to send us information, such as through the “enquiry form” in the “contact us” section, or any other area where you might email us, subscribe to our newsletter or, request a publication or enter a competition. By choosing to participate in these, you will be providing us with some level of personal information relating to you. This information will only be used by Clongowes Wood College SJ for:
- The purposes for which it was provided by you, e.g. to send you information, newsletters, etc.
- Verification purposes and statistical analysis.
- Marketing and administration purposes.
Collection and use of personal information
Personal information: information that is associated with your name or personal identity. The Clongowes Wood College SJ Website does not collect any personal data about you on this Website, apart from information which you volunteer (for example, by emailing us, or asking for a prospectus to be posted to you).
Security of personal information
Clongowes Wood College SJ will take all appropriate measures (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to prevent against unauthorised access to, alteration of, disclosure of or destruction of your personal information.
Collection and use of non-personal information
Non-personal information: data collected for statistical purposes which is not associated with a specific identity. Clongowes Wood College SJ collects and analyses technical information in order to evaluate our Website. The type of technical information we log is confined to the following:
- The IP address* of the visitor’s Web server
- The top-level domain-name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- The pages visited on the Clongowes Wood College SJ’s website, i.e. URL’s** visited
- The previous Website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used
- Clickstream data which shows the traffic of visitors around this Website (for example, pages accessed)
* An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) network, such as the World Wide Web. Networks use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web, allowing Web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the Internet, browse and shop.
** A URL (Uniform Resource Locator) is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web.
ANY EXTERNAL LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES ARE CLEARLY IDENTIFIABLE AND CLONGOWES WOOD COLLEGE SJ IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OR PRIVACY STATEMENTS OF THESE WEBSITES. YOU ARE ADVISED TO CONTACT THE PROVIDERS OF THESE WEBSITES DIRECTLY IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES OR CONCERNS RELATING TO THESE WEBSITES.