Clongowes Wood College is one of Ireland’s oldest and most successful boarding schools. The College is committed to the provision of the highest quality Catholic education in the Jesuit tradition.
We are currently inviting applications for following roles:
Part Time Archivist
We are seeking to appoint a Part Time Archivist for the Academic Year 2022/2023.
The archival collection of Clongowes Wood College which dates back to 1814, illustrates the rich history of the College, encompassing valuable religious items and objects, school publications, rare books, photographs, audio -visual material, maps, plans, pupil records, trophies, artwork in addition to the day to day administrative records.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the upkeep and management of the Clongowes Wood College Archive. Key responsibilities will include ;
- Management of the Archive Repository, ensuring all records are preserved and stored to a professional standard, in line with the archiving system in place.
- Reviewing, and identifying records for preservation
- Sorting and cataloguing of both existing and new collections
- Facilitating access to the Archive for visitors to the college, assisting users and answering queries
- Advising on the current and future storage, access, and conservation of school items
- Advising on the use of archival material in exhibitions and publications
It is envisaged that the successful candidate shall
- Be undergoing or have completed a Diploma/Certificate in Archives/ Records Management
- Have previous experience working in an archive/ records management role.
- Possess the professional expertise required to maintain the archive to the required standard
- Understand the legal and professional standard required in the archiving of personal and school information
- Have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills,
- Have a collaborative and flexible approach to working with colleagues and the wider Jesuit community.
Terms of Appointment
Hours for this role are expected to be 16 hours per week. Flexibility will be given to the successful applicant with regard to the days/ hours worked.
Remuneration will be in line with experience
Expressions of interest for this role should be made to email@example.com Applicants should include a curriculum vitae, completed application form and a separate letter highlighting why they are interested in this role.